Digital cameras usually default to taking high resolution images. This is okay for storing your home photo’s but for business purposes the large images produced quickly fill unnecessary space on server storage and email mailboxes. Its always good netiquette to reduce the size of images before sending them over email or storing them on your company’s server. Even though you may be able to send large images, the recipients mail system may not be allowed to accept large images. The failsafe option is to set your digital camera to set lower resolution images. If this isn’t possible your free to use our guide to reduce your image sizes.
How to resize photos and pictures before sending through email?
- The first step is to download the free Google program, Picasa. You can find a link in our downloads section.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the program, Picasa will explore your computerand find all the images.
- Go to the library of images by clicking on view in the top menu and then choosing library view.
- Hold the CTRL key down on the keyboard while clicking on the picturesthat you want to resize.
- When you have selected the pictures you want, simply press on the the Export Icon at the bottom.
- Choose where to save your resized pictures and what size you would like by dragging the slider back and forth.
- Then press Export.